About this Moody 425
Vega is a superb Moody 425 that has been well loved by our family for the last 3 years. She has been fastidiously maintained throughout our ownership, with many upgrades including:
New Beta 50 Hp Engine installed in 2015, complete with all new stern gear.
New Standing Rigging installed in 2014
All New Windows & Hatch perspex
New Batteries, New Solar power and LED lights throughout.
One of Bill Dixon’s most popular designs, the Moody 425 has become a Modern Classic. She has a snug, safe center cockpit and a clean functional deck layout. The simple, but robust, double-spreader masthead rig is fitted with an in-mast furling main sail and she fly’s a 130% Genoa. Her strong, well-designed hull works in harmony with her sail plan, high ballast ratio and partial skeg rudder to provide an incredibly balanced sailing yacht that is a delight to sail in all conditions.
• Large, spacious galley, which is a pleasure to work in at anchor or under sail.
• New Plastimo Neptune gimbaled stove, grill and oven was installed in 2015.
• New mixer tap installed to double sink in 2014
• New Frigomatic compressor and freezer compartment evaporator installed in 2016. We now have ice in our G&T’s!
• Large top down fridge
• Lots of storage
• New fresh water foot pump with charcoal filter fitted in 2016.
Both forward and rear Jabsco manual heads have been fully rebuilt and re plumbed. They are in perfect working order.
• Forward shower has been fitted with a new mixer tap/shower fitting in 2016.
• Forward head discharges directly overboard
• Rear head uses selector valve to discharge to a 50L holding tank (installed in 2015) or directly over board.
• Shower sump pump filters regularly cleaned.
Mast, Spars & Standing Rigging
• Kemp mast, boom and headsail pole.
• Solid vang and kicking strap
• All standing rigging from deck level up was renewed in November 2014.
• All chain plates were accessed and inspected in November 2014 and found to be in excellent condition.
• All chain plate deck cover plates were resealed in 2015.
• Twin track Furlex roller reefing fitted to the headsail
• Demountable inner solent stay tensioned with via “Highfield” lever.
• Head and mainsail halyards renewed in 2016 – Wire with rope tails.
• Storm jib halyard – New 2014
• Trysail halyard – New 2014
• Spinnaker halyard – Excellent condition.
• 130% furling headsail – last serviced end of 2015 season
• In mast furling main – last serviced end of 2015 Season
• Jeckell cruising chute in sock, as new condition.
• Spare main, with rope luff, hoisted in dedicated track.
• Tri Sail, run’s in track on mast.
• Storm jib
• Spitfire jib
• IYE traveller system serviced and upgraded with new parts in 2015.
• 2 x Lewmar 52’s 2 speed, self tailing winches – stripped and serviced in 2016
• 2 x Lewmar 40’s 2 speed, self tailing winches – stripped and serviced in 2016
• 1x Lewmar 16 single speed self tailing winch for main furling system – new 2015
• Lewmar 16 and 8 single speed winches
• Lewmar 30 and 40 Halyard winches on mast
• Spinlock Jammers
Power & Electrics
• 2 No. 80Watt Victron solar panels mounted on Arch, with MPPT control unit.
• 100 amp alternator
• 2 x 125Ah house batteries
• 120Ah windlass and bow thruster battery
• 120Ah Engine battery
• Sterling smart charger
• Electrical system has been regularly maintained and upgraded. Complete with full wiring diagrams.
Navigation & Instrumentation
Full Raymarine suite of networked instruments inc:
• 7” Raymarine E3 Chart plotter
• ST7000 Auto helm
• i60 wind instrument & ST60 Close Hauled indicator
• ST 60 Depth gauge
• ST 60 Speed gauge
• Echopilot forward looking depth sounder
• VHF (DSC) Radio
• NASA AIS Receiver
• NASA Weatherman
• NASA Weather Fax
Engine & Fuel
• BETA 50Hp with 900 hours installed in 2015. Warranty on Parts until 2018.
• 100 Amp Alternator
• New Engine Mounts
• All New stern gear including, prop shaft, PSS Seal and 3 blade prop, 2015.
• Max speed under motor 8.5 knots. Cruise 6 knots.
• Engine bay in excellent condition, clean and accessible through three hatches.
• Full Service history and excellently maintained. All new wiring from alternator to batteries
• 285L stainless fuel tank professionally cleaned in May 2015.
Anchoring & Ground Tackle
• 1x 25Kg Rocna with 60m of 10mm chain spliced to 60m of rode.
• Spare 1x20Kg CQR Anchor, with 30m 10mm chain
• 1x 15 kg Fortress Anchor on 8m of 10mm chain and 30m of rode
• 1000W Lofrans Windlass – Serviced In 2015 and upgraded with new control unit.
• LED Lights throughout yacht interior
• Red or white LED light at Navigation Table
• LED Tricolour Navigation light on mast
• LED Anchor light on mast
• LED Steaming light
• LED Navigation lights on pushpit/pulpuit.
• Danbouy with horseshoe & Strobe, 2015
• Jack Stays, 2016
• 2No. Child harnesses
• 406 Mhz EPIRB, 2014
• Handheld VHF, 2010
• 30m Throw line and life sling, 2015
• Grab Bag
• 3 Fire extinguishers
• 1 Fire blanket
• Flare kit
• 2500 G/HRule bilge pump & float switch
• Emergency rigging repair kit
• Sail repair kit
• Wooden tapered bungs for each through hull
• First aid kit
• Bosons Chair
• 3.1m long Avon RIB, 2008 (Well Used)
• 4HP Suzuki 4-Stroke outboard, 2016
• New Sprayhood/Dodger, 2016
• New Bimini and frame, 2016
• New Transom Arch, 2015
• All Hatch Perspex replaced throughout 2015/16 Seasons
• All Saloon Windows removed, and replaced with new perspex in 2015
• New Cockpit and aft deck cushions 2014
• Keel Bolts cleaned, surface rust removed and paint protected 2016
• New Jefa solid aluminum Rudder Quadrant fitted in 2015
• New rudder seals installed in 2015
• All coach roof and hull decals replaced with new in 2015
• All through hull fittings replaced 2014/2015
• Vetus Bow thruster, control on cockpit binnacle
• Interior wood work re varnished 2016
• Simpson Davits on transom, fully restored/upgraded in 2016 with new sheaves and line.
• Extensive set of tools and spares.
Check out our Blog: www.ayachtmoretolife.com